Tuesday, March 8, 2011

February....

Was a blur of a month.  And a lot of firsts for Nona.  She went on her first 10 hour car trip to Pennsylvania.  She got to meet the rest of my Mother's family, even though it wasn't under the most pleasant of circumstances.  My Grandmother had passed away after her battle with cancer.  Don't be sad, she is now with her Lord and Savior, and no longer suffering.  It was great to see family that I hadn't seen in a long time though!  And if you are wondering Nona did fantastic in the car.  Mainly because we traveled between the hours of 6pm to 2am.  Yes I am aware of the fact that is not 10 hours, but we met an ice storm on the way up, and took a shorter route on the way back.  She is such a laid back little girl that Aaron and I are afraid to have another one just for the simple fact that he/she will come out and you will be able to see the horns.  And they won't be holding up a halo.

Anyways, I digress.  On the way up to PA, I got a phone call.  A leak in the water heater in our house in TN had occurred and water was all over the first floor of the house.  Thank goodness no one was living in the house, and we had no furniture in the house.  And I thank God, every chance I get, that our real-estate agent went to the house when she did.  Otherwise we would be in even worse shape.  Well we are now in the process of getting the house "renovated" and "upgraded".  Aaron and I decided that while we are getting a lot of things fixed we should upgrade a few things to hopefully help sell the house quicker once we can get it back on the market.  As renovations go along hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures.  And on the same note as the house we are very lucky that my Father has been able to help us every step of the way.  He has been involved in just about every aspect of construction.  And therefore is really able to help us get things going with our contractor!!
 
And now something that made me laugh this month.  When my Grandma's obituary was posted in the paper, the picture of her was from when she graduated nursing school.  I got the link from one of my aunts.  So when I clicked on it I was a bit shocked, because this is what I saw:
Needless to say if anyone has seen my mother, she looks almost identical to this.  And if you know anything about me, you will know that I have always been known as "Little Debbie".  (For those of you who don't know me, Debbie is my mother and I look just like her.)  Well I let Aaron see this picture and I asked him, who does this look like.  He said wow your mom looks  just like her.  I then said to him, "Well now you know you know what I am going to look like when I am 80."  The look on his face was priceless!  

And another thing that made me laugh, in the obituary my great-grandmother's name was listed as Nora.  Well most of you who read this blog know that my daughter is named after my great-grandmother.  My mom saw the name Nora and said they got her name wrong.  My dad looks at her and says well what is it supposed to be?  My mom couldn't help but laugh and say your grand-daughter has the same name.  I love my dad, but he is a goofball sometimes.

Well I guess I have bored you enough with this extremely long post.  I'll get some March posts going soon!!

Ashley G. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment