Friday, September 2, 2011

Lots of Park Time

Okay, so I stink at this blogging thing, but that is nothing new.  I actually have some free time this evening, as Nona is in Nashville, and Aaron and I are in Birmingham.  So I figured my blog could use some attention.


So what have the Griffith's been up to?  So glad you asked.  Nona and I found a local dog park.  So on Saturdays we usually load ourselves, and Miss Dixie into the car and head over there.  Dixie loves it.  She doesn't have to be on a leash, she gets to sniff to her hearts content, and doesn't get yelled at to behave.  Nona loves it because she gets to see all the dogs.  Because of course Miss Dixie is not a dog, at least as far as Nona is concerned.


Then usually on Sundays Aaron, Nona, and I all head to Veteran's Park to play.  Nona loves the playground.  There are a certain set of swings that she loves.  She also loves to walk up the steps and go down the slide, all by herself.  I think the all by herself is the part she loves the most!  







Nona is also becoming such a big girl.  Thursday her toddler rails came in so I put them on her bed.  And Thursday night was the first night she slept in a big girl bed.  She did really well.  She didn't get up until 6:30 on Friday morning.  Of course aaron and I are very lucky in the fact that she pretty much puts herself to bed.  We will ask if it is time for night night kisses.  If it is, she will give her kisses and walk to her crib and wait to be put in.  Last night she walked to her "big girl bed", and climbed right in.  I was so proud!

So this weekend she is up in nashville staying with my parents.  And she is going to sleep in a toddler bed up there as well.  I think this weekend is going to be harder for Mommy and Daddy, then it is for Ladybug!  Of course a weekend to ourselves is nice, the only problem is that I am on call.  


No comments:

Post a Comment