Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

So we went to my Mom and Dad's for the weekend of the Fourth.  It was so nice to get away and have a mini vacation.  And of course I had to take a few pictures.  I am so loving this new hobby.  Especially since one of my coworkers let me borrow one of his lenses! A Nikon 105mm f2.8 ED-IF AF-S VR micro-nikkor lens. It was awesome, and now I want one!!!!!  But alas it will have to wait until I hit the lotto!  So here are a few of the pics.

The first on I love, it is Nona and Frazier, checking each other out.  And if you actually know what Frazier looks like now days, this photo does wonders for him!  Poor guy has bad arthritis and doesn't look so great anymore.  But here he almost looks like a spring chicken.

Normally I can't stand spiders, but I just had to test out this lens.  Now it is not the greatest picture, but considering I am still a novice and learning, I don't think it is terrible.  It looks better in full screen on my computer.  But you can still get the gist of it.  I really wan't even standing that close.  It looks like the lens is almost touching the little guy.  And he was pretty little.  When I got home from work the other night there was a huge garden spider building a web under the steps up to the apartment.  I wish I had gone in and gotten my camera, but alas I was just way too tired!

This little guy is one of the flowers sitting on my Mom's front porch.  If you can actually zoom in on it a little bit you can see the center of the flower.  It is a shame that to post pictures on a blog you have to compress them to jpegs.  The RAW file is beautiful, you can even see the fine hairs on the green leaves.  Again this lens is amazing, and I would love to have one!  I am so jealous, but at least I do have someone who is willing to let me borrow it!

I guess that is all for now.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July Weekend and didn't have too much trouble going back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment